Critical Practices in Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Education
Open for Registration
Now Open for Registration
Online - more information about how to connect will be sent after registration
Groups of 6 or more receive a 10% discount
*CDE-Approved English Learner Professional Development Program*
*Satisfies the 45-hour CLDE PD requirement*
What do teachers need to believe, know, and be able to do to foster agency, understanding, and equity for culturally and linguistically diverse learners?
In this interactive online course, educators from all content areas will:
- Understand the educational context for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
- Work to develop a strong equity consciousness
- Learn how to promote supportive classroom cultures and relationships with students and families
- Develop equitable instructional practices that foster language development, literacy, content learning, and student agency
- Effectively plan for and assess student learning
- Certificate upon completion of course (45 PD credit hours)
- Downloadable course-related reading materials, excerpts of classroom videos, and course handouts
PEBC Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
PEBC Senior Director of Professional Learning
PEBC Institutes fill quickly. Register today!
This course is CDE-Approved and satisfies the 45-hour CLDE PD Requirement.
Self-paced modules will include readings, videos, conversation questions, planning tools, online discussions, and invitations for reflection. We encourage all participants to register with one or more colleagues to provide the greatest opportunity for collaboration and learning for your team.
Module 0: Introduction and Overview
Module 1: Context
Module 2: Stance, Belief, and Self-Development
Module 3: Relationships and Community
Module 4: Planning and Assessment
Module 5: Literacy
Module 6: Language Development and Second Language Acquisition
Module 7: Action
If you have a contract or would like to pay by purchase order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To pay by credit card, please register below.