A model for agency, equity, and understanding
After getting a taste of PEBC’s engaging and asset-based professional learning through institutes and lab visits, many teachers, schools and districts choose to engage in long-term contracts with PEBC and to develop a series of professional learning offerings at their own school.
Our professional learning model builds on the existing assets of your school or system and is customized to your site. Each contract includes a customized mix of traveling institutes, on-site trainings, facilitation of department or cohort study groups, and individual teacher coaching. Staffed by a team of experienced educators trained in cognitive coaching, each project is unique to the school’s needs and goals yet built around PEBC’s core mission of creating schools and systems where students and educators grow and learn together.
When we create a shared vision of success, foster a culture of growth, and build leadership capacity at every level, students succeed.
Shared Vision of Success
We build a shared vision of success aligned to targeted goals and outcomes that maximize achievement for each and every learner.
- Attend a PEBC Institute or seminar
- Bring a PEBC institute or seminar to your setting
- Attend a PEBC Lab classroom
Culture of Growth
We foster a culture of learning and growth to promote agency, equity and understanding for teachers and learners. Onsite professional learning structures might include:
- Instructional Coaching
- Leadership Coaching
- Full staff seminars
- Facilitating collaborative teams by grade level or subject area
- Data Driven Professional Learning Inquiry Cycles
Increased Leadership Capacity
We increase leadership capacity at every level. We work closely with school leaders in relentless pursuit of creating classrooms worthy of each and every child.
Our leadership work:
- Aligns a vision of instructional leadership
- Engages leaders to foster equitable learning opportunities at every level, for students and educators
- Supports Leading Change
Our leadership work might include:
- Participation by team leaders in Cognitive Coaching and PEBC Leadership seminar series
- Development of Lab Classroom Hosts
- Personalized leadership coaching for individuals and teams