The Literacy Consultants’ Coalition, in conjunction with the Public Education and Business Coalition in Denver, is excited to offer our second conference on February 27, 2021. The purpose of this conference is to energize and inspire educators as they continue working to meet the needs of all students, including standing against racism and oppressive practices.
This conference fully embraces the mission of the Literacy Consultants’ Coalition: support literacy educators and learners; work to dismantle the operating systems of white supremacy in our schools, classrooms, and communities; and elevate voices of talented BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ educators.
The conference, Teaching Literacy in Times of Change and Uncertainty, will take place on Saturday, February 27, 2021 from 8:30 am to 2 pm MST. It will virtually connect literacy leaders with educators from all over the world. Each session will address one or more of the following strands:
- Design, Content, and Implementation of Rich, Engaging Literacy Learning
- Effective Online Learning Strategies
- Instructional Challenges During Times of Uncertainty
- Social-Emotional Needs of Educators and/or Students
Dr. Gholdy Muhammad
Associate Professor at Georgia State University and author of the best selling book, Cultivating Genius: An Equity Model for Culturally and Historically Responsive Literacy
Saturday, February 27, 2021
8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Virtual - link to connect will be sent after registration
PreK-12 Grade Teachers
Assistant Principals and Principals
School and District Leaders
$85 Early Bird Special | $100 Regular
- Certificate of attendance for CDE credit
- Access to recorded sessions for 30 days after event
- Choice of live breakout sessions. View the list here.