Please join us on Thursday, December 7, 2017, from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. at the Public Education & Business Coalition (PEBC) Superintendent Forum, as Dr. Kim Hunter Reed, Executive Director of the Colorado Department of Higher Education, and Dr. Katy Anthes, Colorado’s Commissioner of Education, share the state’s action plan developed from a recent series of town hall meetings focused on how to address Colorado’s educator shortage.
After the address from Executive Director Hunter Reed and Commissioner Anthes, a panel of superintendents from across Colorado will reflect and respond. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions of the panel. Superintendents participating in the panel discussion include:
- MODERATOR: Gregory L. Moore, Editor-in-Chief of Deke Digital & former Editor of The Denver Post
- Dr. Harry Bull, Cherry Creek School District
- Chris Gdowski, Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Bree Lessar, La Veta School District
- Rico Munn, Aurora Public Schools
- Linda Reed, Archuleta School District
- Dr. Kermit Snyder, Rocky Ford School District
The PEBC Superintendent Forum will be held at the DCPA Seawell Grand Ballroom, and is the first of a three-part Seeking Champions campaign that will spotlight how business leaders, educators and policy makers can come together to make a difference and ensure every student in Colorado has access to an excellent educator. By leveraging the unique strengths and skills of these influencers in communities across the state, we can break down the barriers that continue to challenge our devoted educators.
- PEAK Resources, Inc.
- Junior Achievement, Rocky Mountain Region.